Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held each yr in January at Las Vegas is a greatest digital convention held annually for showcasing excellent technological improvements inside the purchaser electronics industry. This 12 months, the 4-day event held from January 5 via January 8, 2017, marked its 50th anniversary with 3,886 exhibitors displaying off myriad innovative tech tendencies and avant-garde devices so one can drive the future of era globally.
It is going without saying that Amazon’s Artificial Intelligence voice assistant ‘Alexa’ has been the megastar of the display as numerous Alexa-enabled next-era devices inclusive of voice-controlled smart-domestic gadgets, cars, and robots have been displayed at the occasion. Alexa, which has outperformed Google Assistant and Siri can be programmed to carry out multiple functions which include beginning your vehicle, locking doors, adjusting thermostats, controlling lights, and finding locations.
1. Tech improvements in Smartphones: Qualcomm unveiled its modern day processor named Snapdragon 835 for revolutionizing cellular era. Snapdragon 835 targets to deliver High Dynamic Range to smartphones besides facilitating better digital experience via improving sight and sound for cell Virtual Reality. The new processor can even permit smartphones to provide excessive-resolution images even in negative lights conditions. It will also facilitate a faster connection by paving the manner closer to the 5G network. Moreover, the chip also guarantees longer battery life as it consumes 50% much less electricity as compared to Snapdragon 801. Additionally, biometric sensors embedded within the 835 promises higher security to smartphone users.
World’s first phone with molecular-sensors “H2” was also unveiled at CES. This 6-inch Android phone can experiment any item to offer you with instantaneous remarks on its chemical composition, be it meals gadgets or medicines.
2. A Glimpse Into the 5G destiny: Qualcomm proved the diverse approaches its generation is going to empower the 5G destiny. At CES, the CEO of Qualcomm Stephen Mollenkopf asserted that 5g may be a ground-breaking community a good way to help a big range of gadgets with amazing speed and scale. Moreover, it will have an enormous effect on the international financial system.
At the convention, American generation organization Intel too released its 5G Modem that could supply 5G in both mmWave spectrum and 6GHz bands. Besides this, Intel additionally unveiled its new car 5G platform named Intel Go to assist automatic riding.
Three. Cloud-Based Innovations: CES 2017 also witnessed several cloud-based bulletins. Nvidia grabbed the eye of PC game enthusiasts by launching its cloud application ‘GeForce Now’ for PC and Mac as a way to allow game enthusiasts to convert their PC into a complicated gaming rig to movement and play the modern-day games of their desire.
Besides this, global’s first cloud-based totally keyboard ‘the 5Q’ also made its debut at the occasion. The special function of this keyboard is that it will likely be connected to the cloud and show color-coded email notifications, sports updates, and inventory prices at the keys of the keyboard.
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Stole the Show: AI surely took a center degree at some stage in CES 2017. AI has been featured as a fundamental a part of almost the whole lot- from clever denim that displays directions, and smart puppy collars to feel your pet’s emotions, to smart gloves for stroke victims and clever vehicles. These computerized brains are empowering human beings to copy digital worlds besides endowing computer systems with the intelligence to realize the real world.
· AI-powered Cars: Automobile corporations are that specialize in AI-powered automobiles as the day isn’t always some distance while clients will are searching for self-driving vehicles. Smart car producers will quickly come up with AI-powered motors that may generate their personal feelings because soon clients will opt for motors with which they can set up satisfactory emotional dating. CES 2017 noticed the release of many AI-powered emotional automobiles inclusive of Honda’s NeuV that features HANA (Honda’s Automated Network Assistant) to customize the driving force’s revel in. HANA’s face recognition generation and coronary heart-fee monitor assist the electrical vehicle to apprehend your happy and melancholic moods. It can also advocate tune primarily based on your mood besides remembering your favorite places which include cafe’s, parks, and many others.
Toyota too released its futuristic automobile the “Concept-I”, powered by means of AI era which could realize the need of the motive force as well as passengers. Likewise, Nvidia added its self-riding car device named Drive PX designed to understand the driver’s mood, the automobile’s surroundings and figure out what is going on inside the interior of the auto.
· AI-powered Health-tech Devices: In order to comprise superior generation and new-age wondering to the exercise ordinary of fitness freaks, fitness generation businesses unveiled a variety of state-of-the-art health wearable devices on the CES. For instance, Boltt, a Mumbai-primarily based fitness tech employer unveiled AI-packed fitness trackers, clever shoes embedded with stride sensor, and a digital fitness assistant named “B” that offers users with real-time comments and voice education on fitness and fitness.
The show additionally displayed digestive trackers to assist users to determine the sort of food regimen that is right for their body, and a clever hairbrush embedded with sensors which can stumble on how you brush your hair so that it can train you to properly brush your hair by sending records in your related telephone.
The world’s first smart toothbrush Kolibree Ara changed into additionally launched at the display. It features deep device getting to know algorithms to apprehend and provide feedback approximately your brushing behavior although it isn’t always linked on your smartphone. What’s extra, CES 2017 additionally saw the launch of Sleep Number 360 bed which has been designed to prevent loud night breathing.
Five. Humanoid Robots: CES 2017 additionally introduced the arena to the mind-blowing abilities of human-like robots. At the event, LG unveiled 3 robots- to mow your garden, to take care of your everyday chores, and to welcome you at the airport. Besides this, quite a few educational robots have been additionally displayed on the event for children. Additionally, there have been a whole lot of humanoid robots designed for making your espresso, folding clothes, pouring candy, singing lullabies for your youngsters and taking pics of your puppy whilst you are away. World’s first robotic suitcase Cowarobot also stole the limelight as this four-wheel suitcase with a laser and a digicam can comply with its proprietor like a pup.